Position: Student Associate for West Island Mission Food Bank
Duration: June 26th – August 12th
Hours: 30 hours/week
Location: 139 Labrosse, Pointe Claire, QC H9R 1A3
Roles & Responsibilities:
The candidate will perform some or all of the following duties:
• Maintaining the day to day inflow/outflow of food in the warehouse
• Plan, organize and carry out activities associated with the annual Back-to-School event as well as general warehouse activities; eg., communicating with clientele, updating the recipient database (excel), determine/estimate the quantities of school supplies required for the event as well as the fresh food requirements for each family,place orders and manage external suppliers involved in the provision of school and food supplies, ensuring that quantities, cost and delivery times are confirmed prior to the event, attend to clients with special needs and interface with Director on special cases, other miscellaneous duties, as assigned.
• Coordinate all outreach initiatives for donors, organizing donor letters, developing communication materials and liaising with current and potential sponsors. Work closely with the Director to attain fundraising objectives.
• Oversee the processing and thanking of all fund donations and produce clear and appropriate status reports to ensure that activities are on track to achieve objectives.
• Attending post-secondary education in social studies, education, management or event planning
• Fluent English & French
• Experience and/or keen interest in non-profit sector preferred
• Solid computer skills (MS Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Excel, Power Point)
• Strong English writing skills
• Ability to work calmly and collaboratively in a small team setting
• Patience, effective listening skills and ability to interact cooperatively with a variety of people/personalities
• Attention to process and accuracy with details
• Strong organizational & planning skills
• Personal balance and respect for other cultures; ability to work with confidential matters
• Driver’s license & occasional access to a vehicle
• Physical strength to lift moderate sized boxes of food
• Ability to work from home is negotiable (1-2 hours a day when applicable)
Interested candidates should submit their CV by email to Wendy Gariepy at: email@example.com